So I stumbled upon one of these challenge list things. I saw Steff do one of these challenges before and was indeed intrigued by it and wanted to copy or model something after it. I’m not a big share my own life on the internet thing and hate to be too meta about my universe or myself. If I weren’t so adverse to analysing things I’d read something into that!
However, following on from ‘writing begets writing’ I sought out something like the challenge list that I could adapt for writing purposes. Here’s one I think can be tweaked to best fit my little fanfic corner of the universe. Rather than a letter, I’m going to write a blog post or a prompt like response to these write a letter challenges written by the user Mikey here.
I’m not pretending or deluding myself from the outset that I am going to write one of these every day. I’d love to but time is not always available to do so and I want this to be an enjoyable challenge. That’s not going to work. (Mind, I see that there’s a real world counterpart to this akin to NaNo which is a cool concept in and of itself but for now, I’m gonna do this)
Nevertheless, I intend to work my way through the list of different letters in a Star Trek universe setting and fashion, in character and in universe. Who knows what will come of this. I hope you enjoy the fruits.
Write a letter a day for 30 days
- 1 – Your Best Friend
- 2 – Your Crush
- 3 – Your parents
- 4 – Your sibling (or closest relative)
- 5 – Your dreams
- 6 – A stranger
- 7 – Your Ex-boyfriend/girlfriend/love/crush
- 8 – Your favourite internet friend
- 9 – Someone you wish you could meet
- 10 – Someone you don’t talk to as much as you’d like to
- 11 – A Deceased person you wish you could talk to
- 12 – The person you hate most/caused you a lot of pain
- 13 – Someone you wish could forgive you
- 14 – Someone you’ve drifted away from
- 15 – The person you miss the most
- 16 – Someone that’s not in your state/country
- 17 – Someone from your childhood
- 18 – The person that you wish you could be
- 19 – Someone that pesters your mind-good or bad
- 20 – The one that broke your heart the hardest
- 21 – Someone you judged by their first impression
- 22 – Someone you want to give a second chance to
- 23 – The last person you kissed
- 24 – The person that gave you your favourite memory
- 25 – The person you know that is going through the worst of times
- 26 – The last person you made a pinky promise to
- 27 – The friendliest person you knew for only one
- 28 – Someone that changed your life
- 29 – The person that you want tell everything to, but too afraid to
- 30 – Your reflection in the mirror
It’s been a while since you’ve been given a homework assignment. The assignment this time is simple enough – but hard enough – participate along with me in this little challenge.
Feel free to pick and choose which letter(s) you respond to but I’d love to have others try their hand at this too to see what they come up with.